Bookable public transport hiking offer
The panoramic hike from Springenboden to the Niesen takes around 5.30h and offers numerous beautiful views into the Diemtigtal and over the lakes in a magnificent mountain flora.
The offer allows you to get to the starting point (Springenboden) comfortably and coordinated with the public transport connections.
The offer was valid from July to September 2022. For the 2023 season, we are currently checking whether the panoramic hike can be offered again.
The offer at a glance
The following services are included in this offer (from CHF 39.-):
- Transfer from Oey-Diemtigen railway station to Springenboden at 08:24 a.m.
- A hot drink incl. croissants at the Gsässweid inn (Springenboden)
- Descent with the Niesenbahn
The offer is limited and must be booked two days in advance (see dates).
- 7:39 a.m.: Train from Bern to Oey-Diemtigen (1x change in Spiez)
- 8.24 a.m.: Arrival in Oey-Diemtigen and transfer to Springenboden (the bus will wait for the train in case of delay)
- Followed by hot drink and croissants + start of hike (approx. 5.30 h up the Niesen)
- After the hike: descent with the Niesenbahn and return by train in Mülenen (200m from the valley station of the Niesenbahn)
The dates 2023 are still to be announced
The offer is limited and must be booked two days in advance.
- Adult CHF 59.00.-
- Adult with reduction (Halbtax/GA) CHF 39.00.-
3 reasons for this hiking offer
- You save around 600 metres in altitude: From Horboden to Springenboden the hiking trail is not attractive (partly road). Therefore you save these 600 metres in altitude..
- Ideal with public transport: The starting and finishing points are in two different places (Oey-Diemtigen and Mülenen) directly at the railway station. Travelling by public transport is ideal – you can leave your car at home.
- Limited offer (exclusivity): Due to the limited offer (8 places per date), you can enjoy the offer exclusively.