Wheelchair accessible travel to the Niesen
Since 2010 the Niesen is for disabled people and wheelchair users possible to reach. With ramps it is possible to get on and off the funicular in the valley- and middlestation. In each funicular we have one compartment for at least one wheelchair. In the mountainstation Niesen Kulm two lifts will bring disabled people to the asphalted path to the mountain lodge. so it's possible for them to enjoy the ride, the restaurant and the fantastic views.
- Per ride and funicular we are able to transport only 1-2 wheelchairs.
- For electronic-wheelchairs the travel is only possible to a limited extend. Max. weight of wheelchair is 120 kg, max. lenght is 110 cm, max. width is 75 cm.
- In the valley Station in Mülenen and in the Mountain Lodge Niesen Kulm it has a wheelchair-accessible toilet.
- The hotelrooms in the mountain lodge are not wheelchair accessible.
- To get to the valley station it has a underpass of the railway with a height of 2.3 meters. Is a vehicle higher, it has parking spaces for coaches next to the trainstation in Mülenen. From there it is about 200 m to the valley station of the Niesen funicular.
If you have any further questions, please contact us.
Unterstützt durch die Stiftung DENK AN MICH